Monday, November 12, 2012

Good Morning everyone,
While listening to this weeks exercise I was able to connect to it much more than I have during the previous weeks. At the beginning when it said to think about a loved I thought about my boyfriend. I was instantly filled with warmth and happiness. as it went on further and we were told to think about a person we love who is hurting I thought about my father. I took in his pain and suffering and sent out healing and happiness. When I brought in his pain I could really feel it however when I sent out happiness and healing it was like I healed myself. I felt the same way when we were told to do it for strangers. For my even though my father may not feel any different I was able to take in his pain and send out healing and felt healing within myself and it made me feel as though he will get through it and on the other side feel the way I did. I would recommend this to others it very much helped me and I have no doubt that it would help many other people. The concept of the mental workout is to do something daily to workout your mind and train it to be a certain way. The research shows that the outcomes of this is that one will have a source of peach and calming, ease and delight, and creativity and wisdom. I think that one of the ways I could implement this in my life is to continue to use the recording we heard this week. As well as doing the second practice in the book which is the subtle mind. By doing this we train our mind accessing its deeper levels and exploring the essential nature of mind and experience. This weeks was very encouraging to me and makes me want to explore it more.
-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley, I did not know how to describe how I felt once I took on the pain of my loved one suffering but strangely I felt the pain and the real fear of anxiety of my cousin who found out she as breast cancer. I would never tell her I felt her pain personally because I will never know how she truly felt but it was a bit unsettling.
    As for the working out any type of motivation to have a regular exercise program is high recommended and a big part in prevention of chronic diseases. The mind and body experience is quite awesome with helping in internal connection with self.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete