Monday, November 19, 2012

Hi Everyone,
This week and last week were very beneficial however last week was easier for me but this week was more needed. I have said from the beginning that focusing was my biggest problem. Last week I was able to connect and think about someone I cared deeply for as well as someone who is suffering. I was also able to feel pain as if it was there's. This week is very needed for me and it was also very difficult for me. I was able to focus on my breathing I concentrated on my chest rising and falling and when she told us to look at the images coming into our mind I was able to do that but still focus mostly on my breathing. The hard part for me was when she said to stop concentrating on your breathing as much and acknowledge your thoughts but you will not be consumed by them. At this point it was difficult for me to look at them but then to stop thinking about them . I instantly became consumed by them and kept thinking about everything going on. This is an exercise that I think I need to do everyday. For me there is one big difference between spiritual wellness and physical and mental wellness. The difference for me is that spiritual wellness comes from an outside source whereas physical and mental wellness comes from within. Also with physical and mental wellness there are ways to train your mind which is different also from spiritual wellness. For me I am training my mind to shut out my thoughts when I am going through the exercises.
-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    I think these exercises are so powerful and can help us in so many ways. I had a very hard time focusing last week during the loving-kindness exercise. However, this week I was able to really focus on my breathing and calming my mind. I think that we could all really benefit from doing this exercise daily. Great post! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete