Hi Everyone,
At the beginning of the exercise we were asked to visualize a person who we respect. I chose the former pastor of my church. I was able to see him and focus on him however as time went on and I was waiting for the next instruction I started to lose focus on him. Then we were told to think about his qualities and the goodness that they are. At this point I felt a happiness inside of me and a warming feeling. It made me feel great to think about him and all the greatness he is. Next we were suppose to imagine a beam of white light coming from his head into mine and have his good thoughts form into mine. At first I was able to create good thoughts like he would have done but as time when on I started to think of everything again good and bad. The part where we were suppose to have good things come from our mouths like he would was not something that I had to try very hard for because my problem is my thoughts and not what I say out loud. I never say negative things to others I keep them inside. At the point where our hearts were suppose to be transformed I felt warm again and began thinking of all the good things I could do like he would have done for others. I feel like I could continue to practice these steps by doing this exercise at least once a week. Also remember the steps throughout the week and continue to go through them even when I am not listening to it. The saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" is saying that if one has not experienced something than they themselves cannot give advice and help a person through the issue. This can apply a lot those who are in the health and wellness field because if they remember that if they have not experienced what the patient is going through they should not judge and they should have an opened mind to what the patient is saying and what they choose to do. I think that those working in the health field do have a responsibility to the clients to be develop their health psychologically, physically, and
spiritually. This is because once they have obtained this they would be better able to help their patients go through the steps of creating a life that creates great health. I feel as though I have started implementing health and wellness into my life since taking this class by trying to train my mind to create a positive and healthy one which will in turn create a healthy body.
No comments:
Post a Comment